Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thank You

On behalf of the people who are in Tacloban and other cities affected by the typhoon Haiyan, I want to say thank you to those who sent help. People in Tacloban may not say their thank yous personally due to lack of communication signals, I know that they are whole heartedly thankful to all the help you sent them. Even I am thankful to you.

Our countrymen are still left hungry and homeless by the typhoon but I know that they are slowly beginning to gain hope again. You don't know how much you made me happy by sending food, water and money to help them. It was a big deal to me even I do not know anyone from the affected areas. My heart swells every time I hear a country helps us. It was just that some people treat us so bad calling us names and all but this, all the help, proves that there is still a chance for humanity. A chance that world may become one again.

It has been six long days since the storm. Many are still hungry but through the help the countries all over the world sent us was really appreciated. Now, people are able to eat and drink clean water. Children who are sick are slowly getting well through the medicines and the doctors who flew here. I am very thankful and I am not sure how I can put whatever I am feeling through words. It was overwhelming.

People are now able smile though they still face hunger and homelessness but what every country who helps us did is more than enough to give Filipinos hope and put a smile on everyone's face. From the bottom of my heart, thank you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment